*** Please note: This internship position is for WSU Pullman students only ***
WSU Pullman students! Want to be paid to be a voice for WSU? We have the perfect student job for you!
Join the WSU University Marketing & Communications team as a social media intern. Experience first-hand what it takes to be a social media professional and an important member of a dynamic team. Responsibilities begin in April 2022. A successful candidate MUST be available to work all or part of Summer 2022 (May – Aug 2022) in Pullman, as well as Fall Semester 2022 and Spring Semester 2023 in Pullman. This is a paid position with 10-19 hours per week. The position may also be used as internship credit. Apply today at the bottom of the page!
*** All materials MUST be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, February 6, 2022. ***
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Information
In accordance with Washington State Governor’s Proclamation 21.14.2, as a condition of employment, WSU employees must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their final dose in a vaccine series. Vaccine or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with WSU. Information regarding vaccine verification and/or requesting a medical/religious information is available at https://hrs.wsu.edu/covid-19/vax-verification/. Please contact HRS at email@example.com or 509-335-4521 if you have questions.
- Monitoring and managing various social media accounts for University Marketing & Communications
- Managing and running the @wsupullman social accounts
- Creating online posts including visual content using Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Capturing video and photo content for online posting
- Covering Pullman campus events
- Responding to online social media posts
- Tracking and analyzing data from campaigns
- Assisting in strategic planning
- Experience using various types of social media including:
- Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be comfortable reaching out and communicating with students and social media professionals
- Experience producing photo and video content:
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and minimal design skills
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer and use an iPad or other digital device for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to attend events around the Pullman campus and remotely, and provide coverage for the social media team after normal business hours.
What you’ll get:
- Experience working with social media professionals on a dynamic team
- Experience in marketing and strategic communications for WSU
- Ability to make important professional connections on the Pullman campus and across the WSU system
- Ability to build a robust social media portfolio that includes results
To apply for this position, please complete the application task (information below), and submit it, along with the social media application, a cover letter, a current resume, and a writing sample completed in a recent WSU course. All materials MUST be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, February 6, 2022. Please address any questions to Matthew Haugen, WSU Social Media Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the fictional information below, create an advertising campaign, to come from @wsupullman social media accounts. Create a series of posts pre-event & from the event, as if you were covering it live. You are allowed to use Instagram, Instagram Stories, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter during the in-person event. Use as much or as little of the provided information as you see fit, and creativity is expected. Please note if a post is a video or photo. Finally, let us know how you would measure the success of your advertising campaign and event posts.
Please upload your plan as a .PDF file at the end of the social media application below. Please keep the file under 190 MB.
The WSU Pullman Wheat Surfing Club (WSUPWSC) will be hosting their annual gingerbread house fundraising competition v. the University of Washington on Friday, February 18 at 7 p.m. in the Compton Union Building (CUB)
At the competition, the WSUPWSC will be working with the College of Arts and Sciences to raise funds and build awareness for a new worm sanctuary on top of Bryan Hall, located at 605 NE LIBRARY MALL, Pullman, Washington 99164 on the WSU Pullman campus.
Student fans who attend the WSUPWSC competition will hear live music from the WSU Marching Band, participate in a gingerbread house building contest, and will receive a coupon for free hot chocolate and worm-shaped cookies at their local Carlita’s. The contact for this event is WSUPWSC President Fiona Ryan at email@example.com or 509-555-5555.
Additional info you can use:
Fake social handles for the club are @WSUPWSC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. The hashtag for the club is #WSUPWSC. The event hashtag is #WSUWorms4Ever. 400 students between UW and WSU Pullman attended. $10 million was raised. Senior Joey Smith won the gingerbread house competition.