Want to be paid to be a voice for WSU? We have the perfect student job for you!
Join the WSU University Marketing & Communications team as a social media intern. Experience first-hand what it takes to be a social media professional and an important member of a dynamic team. Responsibilities begin in April 2020. A successful candidate MUST be available to work all or part of Summer 2020 (May – Aug 2020) in Pullman, as well as Fall Semester 2020 and Spring Semester 2021. This position is paid $13.50 per hour with 10-19 hours per week. The position may also be used as internship credit. Apply today at the bottom of the page!
*** All materials MUST be submitted by 5 p.m., Friday, February 7. ***
- Monitoring and managing various social media accounts for University Marketing & Communications
- Managing and running the OurWSU student run Instagram account
- Creating online posts including visual content
- Capturing video and photo content for online posting
- Covering campus events
- Responding to online social media posts
- Tracking and analyzing data from campaigns
- Assisting in strategic planning
- Experience using various types of social media including:
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be comfortable reaching out and communicating with students and social media professionals
- Some experience producing photo and video content:
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and minimal design skills
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer and use an iPad or other digital device for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to attend events around the Pullman campus and provide coverage for the social media team after normal business hours.
What you’ll get:
- Experience working with social media professionals on a dynamic team
- Experience in marketing and strategic communications for WSU
- Ability to make important professional connections on the Pullman campus and across the WSU system
- Ability to build a robust social media portfolio that includes results
To apply for this position, please complete the application task, information below, and submit it, along with the social media application, a cover letter, a current resume, and a writing sample completed in a WSU course. All materials MUST be submitted by 5 p.m., Friday, February 7. Please address materials and any questions to Matthew Haugen, WSU Social Media Manager, email@example.com.
Using the fictional information below, create a pre-event advertising campaign, to come from @wsupullman social media accounts. Additionally, create a series of posts from the event, as if you were covering it live. You are allowed to use Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook and Twitter at the event. Use as much or as little of the provided information as you see fit, and creativity is expected. Please note if a post is a video or photo. Finally, let us know how you would measure the success of your advertising campaign and event posts.
Please upload your plan as a .PDF file at the end of the social media application below.
The WSU Pullman Student Squirrel Watching Association (WSUPSSWA) will be hosting their annual snowman building fundraising competition v. the University of Idaho Friday, February 14 at 7 p.m. on Thompson Flats.
At the competition, the WSUPSSWA will be working with the Whitman County Humane Society to raise funds and build awareness for a new squirrel sanctuary on top of Webster Hall, located at 300 NE College Ave, Pullman, WA 99164 on the WSU Pullman campus.
Student fans who attend the WSUPSSWA competition will hear live music from the WSU Cougar Marching Band, participate in a snowman building contest and receive coupons for free hot chocolate and squirrel-shaped cookies.
The contact for this event is WSUPSSWA President Rachel Hoy at 555-555-5555.
Social handles for the association are @WSUPSSWA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. The hashtag for the association is #WSUPSSWA. The event hashtag is #Squirrels4Ever