WSU Pullman students! Want to be paid to be a voice for WSU? We have the perfect student job for you!
Join the WSU University Marketing & Communications team as a social media intern. Experience first-hand what it takes to be a social media professional and an important member of a dynamic team. Responsibilities begin in April 2021. A successful candidate MUST be available to work all or part of Summer 2021 (May – Aug 2021) remote or in Pullman, as well as Fall Semester 2021 and Spring Semester 2022. This is a paid position with 10-19 hours per week. The position may also be used as internship credit. Apply today at the bottom of the page!
*** All materials MUST be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, February 7. ***
- Monitoring and managing various social media accounts for University Marketing & Communications
- Managing and running the @wsupullman social accounts
- Creating online posts including visual content using Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Capturing video and photo content for online posting
- Covering campus events
- Responding to online social media posts
- Tracking and analyzing data from campaigns
- Assisting in strategic planning
- Experience using various types of social media including:
- Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be comfortable reaching out and communicating with students and social media professionals
- Experience producing photo and video content:
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and minimal design skills
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer and use an iPad or other digital device for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to attend events around the Pullman campus and remotely, and provide coverage for the social media team after normal business hours.
What you’ll get:
- Experience working with social media professionals on a dynamic team
- Experience in marketing and strategic communications for WSU
- Ability to make important professional connections on the Pullman campus and across the WSU system
- Ability to build a robust social media portfolio that includes results
To apply for this position, please complete the application task, information below, and submit it, along with the social media application, a cover letter, a current resume, and a writing sample completed in a WSU course. All materials MUST be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, February 7, 2021. Please address any questions to Matthew Haugen, WSU Social Media Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the fictional information below, create a pre-event advertising campaign, to come from @wsupullman social media accounts. Additionally, create a series of posts from the event, as if you were covering it live. You are allowed to use Instagram, Instagram Stories, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter during the online event. Use as much or as little of the provided information as you see fit, and creativity is expected. Please note if a post is a video or photo. Finally, let us know how you would measure the success of your advertising campaign and event posts.
Please upload your plan as a .PDF file at the end of the social media application below. Please keep the file under 190 MB.
The WSU Pullman Student Squirrel Watching Association (WSUPSSWA) will be hosting their annual gingerbread house fundraising competition v. the University of Idaho Friday, February 19 at 7 p.m. virtually on Zoom.
At the competition, the WSUPSSWA will be working with the Whitman County Humane Society to raise funds and build awareness for a new squirrel sanctuary on top of Webster Hall, located at 300 NE College Ave, Pullman, WA 99164 on the WSU Pullman campus.
Student fans who attend the WSUPSSWA competition will hear live music from the WSU Marching Band, participate in a snowman building contest using marshmallows at home, and will receive a coupon for free hot chocolate and squirrel-shaped cookies at their local Arby’s. The contact for this event is WSUPSSWA President Chloe Daniel at WSUPSSWA@wsu.edu or 509-555-1701.
Social handles for the association are @WSUPSSWA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. The hashtag for the association is #WSUPSSWA. The event hashtag is #Squirrels4Ever. 400 students between UI and WSU Pullman attended. $10 million was raised.