Want to be paid to be a voice for WSU? We have the perfect student job for you! Join the WSU University Communications marketing team as a social media intern. Experience first-hand what it takes to be a social media professional and an important member of a dynamic team. Responsibilities begin at the end of spring semester 2018. A successful candidate MUST be available to work Summer 2018 in Pullman, as well as Fall Semester 2018 and Spring Semester 2019. This position is paid $12 per hour with 10-19 hours per week. The position may also be used as internship credit. Apply today!
- Monitoring and managing various social media accounts for University Communications
- Managing and running the OurWSU student run Instagram account
- Creating online posts including visual content
- Capturing video and photo content for online posting
- Covering campus events
- Responding to online social media posts
- Tracking and analyzing data from campaigns
- Assisting in strategic planning
- Experience using various types of social media including:
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be comfortable reaching out and communicating with students and social media professionals
- Some experience producing photo and video content:
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and minimal design skills
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer and use an iPad for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to attend events on campus and provide coverage for the social media team after normal business hours.
What you’ll get:
- Experience working with social media professionals on a dynamic team
- Experience in marketing and strategic communications for WSU
- Ability to make important professional connections on the Pullman campus and across the WSU system
- Ability to build a robust social media portfolio that includes results
To apply for this position, please complete the application task, information below, and submit it, along with the social media application, a cover letter, a current resume, and a writing sample completed in a WSU course. All materials should be submitted by 5 p.m., Wednesday, January 31. Please address materials and any questions to Matthew Haugen, WSU Social Media Manager, email@example.com.
Using the fictional information below, create a pre-event advertising campaign, to come from @wsupullman social media accounts. Additionally, create a series of posts from the event, as if you were covering it live. You are allowed to use Snapchat, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook and Twitter at the event. Use as much or as little of the provided information as you see fit. Please note if a post is a video or photo. Please upload your plan as a .PDF file at the end of the social media application below.
“The Washington State University Student Entertainment Board (SEB) will host a pep rally at 6 p.m. before the women’s Cougar basketball game v. University of Washington on Friday, November 18, at 7 p.m. in Beasley Coliseum. At the pep rally, the SEB will be working with the Whitman County Humane Society to collect food donations, raise funds and build awareness for a new cat facility at the shelter, located at 1340 Old Moscow Rd, Pullman, WA 99163. Students who attend the pep rally will also hear live music from the WSU Marching Band, learn new cheers from the WSU Spirit Squad, participate in a dunk contest and receive a coupon for a free hotdog during the game. The contact for this event is SEB President Freddy Mercury at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-555-1701.”